Sunday, March 1, 2009

Amish Friendship Bread

So this is my first attempt with this 'bread' (thanks Mazie), I use comma's because this seems much more like cake than bread apart from the yeast in the starter. It uses AP flour so there's no gluten formation and no rise time after mixing, plus the addition of the instant pudding (which I realised belatedly is really just corn flour). I can honestly say its one of the weirdest recipes I've ever followed, before baking it was a big gluppy mess with lots of sugar in it.



Since this recipe has enough for two loafs I made one by the recipe with cinnamon and the other with almonds and dates, anyone got any more suggestions?

P.S. sorry for the dark photos, my home time has been at night recently.

1 comment:

  1. My aunt used to give us 'starter' for a gluck looking thing in a jar that consisted of yeast and flour and water and you could use it as a washing up liquid!

    ReplyDelete