Sunday, March 1, 2009

Chocolate, Orange Shortbread Pinwheels

Bribery for distraction!
I came up with these as a procrastination while preparing my last presentation (see sketch), but then I used them to distract my audience from the fact that I didn't get time to practise so it worked out fine.

I just threw together a basic shortbread recipe (using 1lb of butter) and split it in half. I gave one a small splash of orange juice and the zest of an orange, and the other got some melty choc and cocoa.
Then I rolled them out in a fold of wax paper so I could make them the same size. After sprinkling one with lots of dried cranberry's, put the other over the top and rolled them together a little and rolled.
I tried slicing with a really sharp knife but the cranberry's made the layers squish together, so I put the roll in the freezer long enough to solidify it a little. Next time I'd solidify it a lot because it thawed and squashed again pretty fast, but then I do live in Hawaii wahahaha!

Heres the finished product........

No comments:

Post a Comment